Manuscript and Submission Guidelines
Journal of Health Accounting
Professors and researchers intend to submit their papers in this journal are required to observe the following codes of conduct:
1. The manuscript is in Microsoft Word (use 3 cm margins on all sides), the main text should be in 13-point Bzar and 12-point Times New Roman and single-spaced, a typical manuscript for this journal should not exceed 20 pages accompanied by the abstract and references in English, and it should be submitted to the following address: http://jha.sums.ac.ir
2. References should be arranged in the order of citation in text and cited by the numbers in the parenthesis, i.e. each reference would be designated through a number. In this regard, the followings should be taken into account:
a) In case of giving number in the in-text citation, you should refer to that number to cite the concerning reference anytime.
b) As a general rule, these numbers should be appeared in a parenthesis at the end of each sentence.
c) In case of several in-text citations (when numbers are sequential), a hyphen (-) should be used to indicate the sequence between the first and the last number. For example (3-8).
d) In case of several in-text citations (when numbers are not sequential), a comma should separate each number and the subsequent one (other than the last two numbers connected by “and”). For example (2, 6 and 8).
3. Submitted manuscript must contain the following sections:
3-1. On the cover of the journal, full title, author name/s (the corresponding author should be designated with asterisk “*”), ranking, the name of institution, university, or department, surface mail address and zip code, phone number, fax number, email address of author(s) should be presented.
3-2. The first page including title and structured abstract in Persian should reflect introduction, method, results, conclusion (maximum 250 words) and keywords as the followings:
Introduction: It should provide a concise and accurate introduction to the need and purpose of the study.
Method: This section should briefly provide research method clearly, research type, date and settings of the research, statistical population and sample, methods, instrumentations, and software to analyze the data.
Results:This section should report on the most important findings associated with the research purpose.
Conclusion: This section should provide the research conclusion and new information to the reader in this respect.
Keywords: At least 3 and at most 5 keywords must be appeared at the end of the abstract.
3-3. The third page to the end of the article encompasses the following sections:
Introduction: The introduction section should contain a review on research topic, the statement of problem, the significance and purpose of the study, theoretical basis, review of related literature and other relevant issues (in separated sections).
Method: The method section should provide research questions and hypotheses, models and variables, data analysis methods, statistical population and sample, data collection methods, and other relevant issues.
Results: The result section should provide the results and other research findings.
Discussion and Conclusion: The discussion and conclusion section should provide discussions and greater interpretation of reasons to access the results; compare the results with the previous studies findings; present limitations, suggestions and other relevant cases.
Acknowledgements: Acknowledgments include those (technical, writing contribution…) may spiritually and materially have helped author/s during the writing of the article. Briefly, give the reasons to express thanks to whom contributed to some extent.
References: The list of references must be appeared at the end of the manuscript throughout the order of their citation (English translation of Persian references having the phrase of “In Persian” should be added to the above-mentioned list) as the followings:
Notice: In the case of multiple authors, semi-colon (;) should separate their names and the last author’s name should be supplied with last name and initial name.
Abstract in English: It is required to provide the structured abstract in English involving Introduction, Method, Results, Conclusion, and Keywords at the end of article.
3-4. If a questionnaire is to be used to collect the data, it must be offered at the end of article.
4. The submissions must not have been previously published in Persian journals, foreign or domestic, nor should it be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
5. The journal is allowed to edit the articles scientifically, literally, documentarily and summarize them without making any changes in the contents.
6. The journal is not allowed to accept the articles not observing the format and structures stipulated in this manuscript.
7. The editor does not undertake to return any manuscript.
8. Responsibility for the accuracy of the received articles lies entirely with the author/s.
* Papers called “research paper” are extracted from research projects, Ph. D. Dissertations or Master Theses.
** Papers called “analytical-review articles” encompass the latest subjects in literature and their author must not only collect them but also present a new theory or a creative model. Analytical articles written by the experienced author/s and those publishing some papers regarding the subject matter will be accepted if they cite valid references. It is worth mentioning that the abstract of analytical-review articles should entail introduction, review of related literature, conclusion, and keywords. The components of such articles must consist of introduction, review of related literature, discussion and conclusion, acknowledgments, notes and references as well.
*** The papers would be reviewed based on the importance of the subject matter and the need of society to the contents, presenting theories, models and innovative hypotheses, author’s scientific reasoning of the subject matter and drawing conclusion, matching research method and data analysis procedures with the subject matter and hypotheses, the quality of suggestions, solutions represented in the article, and to what extend using valid and relevant references. Obviously, the Editor-in-Chief sends the author/s an acceptance letter whose article has been finalized and approved by the editorial board members. Irrelevant papers to the subject matter and purpose of the journal as well as those translated or under simultaneous consideration by another publication would not be assigned to the editors.